If you really want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, you surely won’t have to go far. Surely you can prepare the green mac and cheese to celebrate the day with friends and families. Your kids will love st Patricks day green mac n cheese because the green color comes from healthy vegetables. Discover a different, easy and fast way to cook pasta with this rich American-style macaroni and cheese.
st patricks day green mac n cheese recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (2 people):
- 200 g of macaroni
- 140 g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 35 g of butter
- 250 ml of evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of flour
Preparation of the recipe for macaroni and cheese:
- Heat plenty of water in a saucepan. Season and when it starts to boil, add the macaroni and cook for as long as the package says. Drain the macaroni and reserve.
- Meltdown the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook a little. Add the milk little by little and keep stirring without stopping. Add the mustard and continue stirring. Add 100 g of grated cheese, salt and pepper and mix well until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Add the drained macaroni, mix well and transfer everything to an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and gratin in the oven.
- Serve with a small amount of parsley.
Advice: The color of cheddar cheese can vary from white to orange. The orange color is due to the fact that they add a natural dye made with annatto.
By following the second method, you can easily prepare st Patricks day green mac n cheese.
- Roast the chops
While green mac is cooking, grill 3-4 boneless, smoked pork chops in a grill pan for reservation.
Also, while the mac is cooking, cut half an onion and 4-5 garlic cloves in julienne strips.
In a stove over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil, sauté the onion and garlic until they start to wilt, about 3-4 minutes. Add 4 cups of spinach leaves and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- To the blender
Put the onion, garlic, and spinach and basil mixture in a blender glass and add a cup of Central American cream and half a cup of milk. This sauce, with some variations, is inspired by the one prepared by expert chefs.
Cut the chops into cubes. Put the pasta in a bowl and add the green sauce. Mix and add half of the cutlet cubes and stir. At the time of serving, put a few cubes of cutlet on each plate on top.