What a joy to see you again on the networks! Although with my breaks at the end of the day and on weekends, I have been working all summer and your absence has been noticed a lot! When yesterday I saw how many people you were following and, most valuable, participating in my Instagram stories, I was pleasantly surprised to see that you are all back.
I know, continuing on vacation or without so many obligations would be very cool. Still, I know that several of you also want to resume routines and set the course’s new objectives. Today, I bring you something for everyone: the first recipe of the return to school so that we can put the batteries and that it is, at the same time, one of those simple but very grateful.
In case you hadn’t guessed it yet (although if you follow my stories on the networks, you will already have some idea), I am nostalgic for life. It’s not that I think that every past time was better, but I love to “visit” moments of the past that are dear to me. Of course, those that I tell you in Singlutenism are related to food because come on, that is the basis of life without gluten.
Spaghetti with ricotta recipe
The spaghetti with ricotta recipe that I bring you today has its origin in Venice when I got hooked on pasta with a tomato and ricotta sauce. Today I bring you that homemade sauce that, like any sauce, only requires one thing: time.
The best stews and the best sauces (we already saw it with the Bolognese ) are made with good produce and low heat. This requires only (“only” because the Bolognese takes three hours!) Half an hour of cooking, but it is enough to have a moment of pause with the kitchen, which is so good for us to focus and live in the present.
And, of course, you can make double the amount and freeze it in portions to eat when you feel like a rich sauce, really rich.
Ingredients for Spaghetti with ricotta recipe:
- 400 g of crushed tomato
- 100 g of ricotta (already easily found in supermarkets, among fresh cheeses)
- A very large carrot or two small ones
- One medium spring onion (important)
- A teaspoon of dried basil or 4 fresh basil leaves
- Fine salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 360 g Gallo gluten-free spaghetti
- Two cloves of garlic
- Two bay leaves
Preparation of the Spaghetti with ricotta recipe:
- Chop the onion and sauté it in a pot over low heat in extra virgin olive oil with a pinch of salt.
- Chop the carrot and, when the onion begins to brown, add it and fry.
- When the carrot is browning, add half a glass of water, raise to medium heat and let it reduce.
- When there is almost no water left, add the crushed tomato, a teaspoon of salt and the basil and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, blend and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a large pot and cook the spaghetti as I taught you in my post about how to cook gluten-free pasta perfectly.
- Add the chopped ricotta to the sauce, mix well and cook for 10 more minutes over low heat, occasionally stirring to be well integrated.
- Drain the pasta, serve with the sauce and garnish with a little more basil (dehydrated or with a fresh decorative leaf).