Let’s face it who hasn’t dreamed of having a Superpower at least once ?
I often find myself in the car taking fancy flights imagining that I have several Superpowers at the same time, I realize that I am almost greedy.
I would like to be invisible, to be able to govern time, see the movements of others in slow motion and move objects with my thoughts …
Let’s go back and start from the beginning. Definition of Superpower “Garzanti dictionary”: Superpower, an extraordinary faculty that goes beyond the limits of human abilities. In the world of comics, Superpowers are often balanced by a weak point, related to the same powers.
Yep, Superheroes almost always have weaknesses that make them Superfragile. Superman for a bit of kryptonite almost leaves us the feathers, the Human Torch in the absence of oxygen becomes a mere mortal …
Fragility is an inescapable feature, a feature to live with. Let’s reread the definition of a Superpower for a moment … The definition says “extraordinary faculty that exceeds the limits of human capabilities”. So does Steve Jobs have superpowers? And Gandhi?
Let’s play a game together. Open a note on your mobile phone that you can save and keep overtime or take a page of your paper diary. Then write:
- First of all the Superpower that you would like to have more than anything
- Then a real person famous or you know who according to you has a Superpower
- Again, your extraordinary characteristic, your Superpower
- Finally, what is your kryptonite
Surely we are all aware that superheroes do not exist, but our brain always needs to work out and this can be a nice way to train it. Following the previous exercise, get used to doing the following in everyday life:
- Imagination. When you are alone, fantasize about the Superpower you would like, even if only mentally, imagine a story or visualize a scene … knowing how to create realities that do not exist and imagine objects that do not belong to our world is a fundamental ability for a market that constantly asks to renew itself.
- Motivation. Having a point of reference, someone to whom an above-average ability is grateful is a very simple way to be clear that a person like us, not a superhero, is capable of doing things that we consider extraordinary.
- Self-esteem. Recognizing a skill that distinguishes us from the average, which makes us feel unique, is essential to deal with our resources by increasing the energy at our disposal.
- Limits. Knowing our limits allows us to improve and become stronger